View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 03:52pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUgrad92
Do tell JR.

1) Let's say your C coming up the court, so you pretty much would be in line with these guys coming up the court. You see all events, the shove and then the clothesline, takedown, and beatdown. Whatcha got?

2) What if you see the shove, but instead of the violent actions the Wichita player pursues, he gets face to face with the Lawrence kid. Whatcha got now?
Yup, do tell, IU. Do you think that I'd post it if I damnwell didn't believe it?

1) I posted at 4:59pm last Friday - 3 days ago- exactly what I'd call after viewing the video. Nothing I've seen or heard since would come close to making me change my mind. That incident is a fight, by rule, and I'd give both players flagrant personal fouls for fighting. Equal punishment. The Lawrence player instigated the fight and the Wichita player retaliated. I also cited the applicable NFHS and NCAA rules at that time. I'd write it up, and any action beyond the double flagrant foul would be up to the league or the police.

2) Depends on what the Wichita player does when he gets face to face. Any trash-talk/threats/pushes, etc. is gonna earn him a technical foul. If he manages to hold his temper and turn away, then I'll only have one foul- an intentional or flagrant personal foul on the Lawrence player, depending on how bad I interpret the push. Viewing the push on the video alone, if there was no retaliation, I''d probably call an intentional personal foul on the Lawrence player. If the Wichita player then trash talks/threatens/pushes the Lawrence player, I'd have a false double foul-- an intentional personal foul on the Lawrence player followed by a technical foul on the Wichita player.

Now, how about you?

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Mon Jun 26, 2006 at 03:55pm.