View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 24, 2006, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy First Time doing High School

I am new to these forums so let me first start off by saying hello to everyone.

Now here I go.........

I have been a Rec League Official for about 1.4 years now Doing grades 3-8, mainly 5-8 though, And I am soo addicted to officiating. I beleieve it to be one of the greatest things ever. I do not know anything about drugs but I assume this is what crack must be like because I can not get enough.

Recently I have wanted to move further up the ladder and do High School, but without any connections I was forced to hunt people (associations) down via the internet. I have emailed everyone I could find and it is starting to pay off. I have done some AAU stuff 8th grade and a little Adult mens league(which is kinda intense everybody over 6'1" and dunking thru me off, infact some of those guys arguing calls 24/7 intimidated me).

I have recently just come back from a camp working with 2-3 man mechanincs in Chico, CA. Alot of Veteran HS Ref's there, as well as some D-1 and JuCo guys there, I really learned ALOT. They said I had alot of rec league in my system, but that I was working it out very fast. The one thing they said again and again that I need is confidence. Now I know confidence is something that you can not teach, but I have been practicing day and night in the mirrror trying to look the part.

Well today I have some summer league HS boys Varsity to do and well I am a little nervous and was wondering if anybody had some pointers to get a rookie thru the day? getting better and doing HS ball is my DREAM and today I wanna do good, in fact I need to do good. Thank you guys very much.

jay