View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 06, 2002, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
When a officiating crew has to call a lot fouls, it is never the players' fault, it is the officials' fault for "not" letting the players play.

Coach, I think that it is time for you to become a basketball official. Please look up IAABO Board #12 District of Columbia and Montgomery Co., MD) or #134 (southern Maryland). The good people in those Boards would love to have you take the officiating class next school year.
Again, not what I am saying. If fouls are being committed call them. End of subject. I have never complained about that. I guess you will never admit that an official can have one awful game in 100, or that 2 officials out of 100 could have a tendency to call games poorly, and when they get paired up, the game goes badly because the refs can't keep up with the level of play. That was my only point. But in your mind, officials can never be at fault for anything that happens on the court.

As I explained before, with a family (wife, two kids) that doesn't participate in basketball, a full-time job, a part-time career as a Navy Reservist, and a coaching schedule of 100 games a year, you won't see me in stripes any time soon. But I have attended rules clinics and participate in boards like these so I can better understand the game.