View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 21, 2006, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctblu40
By holding up the game I mean the coach was out there for an extended period of time. I don't know exactly what the conversation was, but I know it was long enough for the coach to ask a question, get his answer, ask another question, get another answer, over and over, round and round we go for 3,4,5 minutes at a time."
I am not going to allow my inexperienced partner to endure an argument that lasts over 30 seconds. I'm on the way to the rescue and the coach is going to know I am on the way. I will not be running but the pace will be quick. It better be over when I get there. If it's an assistant hammering him it is over when I get there because I'm going to teach my new partner how to deal with assistants who come on the field to argue and if it's a head coach I will give him 10 or 15 seconds with me and that's all.

If it happens a second time I will be headed toward my partner in about 15 seconds and the head coach will get 10 seconds with me (recall that the assistant is no longer around if it was him the first time), the last few seconds of which will be me telling him what the result of his third time out will be. I may get to toss him right then based on his retort.

There are no 3,4,5 minute delays caused by arguing coaches.