View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 21, 2006, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to waltjp
I had a similar situation in a game a couple of years back. My partner, the PU was relatively inexperienced and the managers from both sides were riding him hard from the first inning. After about 3 innings of this nonsense I came in to have a word with him between innings.

We talked about what was and wasn't acceptable in terms of the coach's behavior and I thought that we had well crossed over the line of what's acceptable. I also told him to put an end to it by telling the coach that he's had enough and it was time to play the game.

I also told him that I would warn the next coach and would follow with an ejection if needed but that it would earn him a lot more respect if he was the one who handled it. Of course, the coaches were on him again during the next inning and I ended up dumping one of them.

I don't like to fish in someone else's pond but this was a situation where some semblance of order needed to be restored.

We talked about it a bit more after the game. I told him that he'll never earn any respect from the coaches or players if he allows himself to get berated and walked all over during a game - especially if he allows his partners to 'protect' him.