View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 19, 2006, 08:18am
Official Forum Member

Fresh From Camp Tidbits....

I am no expert here....just some things I picked up on....feel free to contribute....

1. Make sure you take your pants just in case. I showed up for my first game at camp and everyone was in pants....not just on my court....EVERYONE. I was in some pretty darn cool under armor shorts.....not good! I didnt fully realize - It's a job interview....dress the part. Actually, it looked to me that about half the guys were wearing NEW pants. Luckily, I tossed a pair of pants in my bag so I was in "uniform" the rest of camp and....had to do a lil laundry.

2. If possible, find out the pet peaves of the camp director. Example, the camp I was at, I learned on day two that the director hated it when guys going from L to T in transition ran up the middle of the court. He also doesnt like it when you bounce the ball on throw ins vs. handing ESPECIALLY with no pressure on the play. You can bet I adjusted those out of my game for the balance of camp.

3. MECHANICS....BY THE BOOK!!!! Ive been to camp....but bottom line, no home made machanics. Only do what is in the book PERIOD. Probably the biggest feedback item I heard all camp to everyone (not just me) was related to mechanics.

4. Attend everything. We had 6 lectutres. There was a sign in sheet at each that was going to be turned in to the director. Even if you can only make half of it due to a game, get in there and sign in. You dont want to be the 2 guys that missed something.

I'm sure I'll think of more and please add to this if you have some.....

Last edited by Larks; Mon Jun 19, 2006 at 02:25pm.