View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 17, 2006, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcoach
I have a couple questions from a game today.

1- Bases loaded 2 outs, batter hits the ball toward 1st baseman who is playing inside the base line by 6-8 feet. He attempts to get the ball but it gets past him and hits the runner progressing from 1st to second. Is the runner out?

2 - in our leaugue D-2 ball, there is no stealing but the pitcher may attempt to pickoff a runner from the stretch position. Now, runners on 1st and third, a foul ball is hit, the runner on third is still out on his lead off from the foul, the ball is thrown back to the pitcher who is not on the mound who then throws to the third baseman who picks the ball up off the ground and runs over to tag the third base runner out. Is the ball live before the pitcher returns to the mound?

Interested in others opinions,
Thanks!
1. i dont have the runner being out. the ball passed the first baseman, and the ball would be live if hitting the runner. now if F3 is playing back and the ball hits the runner before passing a fielder, then you have an out.

2. the ball is live when the umpire points/calls the ball in play. i do not have an out here, as i wouldnt have put the ball in play at this point. the runner stays and we move on.