View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 13, 2006, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TussAgee11
About a week ago I had a thread about the most ignored rule in baseball (no fraternizing between opposing teams while on the field).

Well, after my game today, I thought it would be appropriate to start one on the most misunderstood rules by coaches. I had two of them today.

Situation 1 -1st and 2nd, groundball hits R1. Time, send batter runner to first and R2 back to second. What do you think the coach said?

Situation 2 - Runner on 1st, right hander throws over and throws it into dead ball territory. R1 to third. What do you think coach said?

I wish some leagues had a rules clinic for these guys so I didn't have to put up with their crap anymore. I felt like tossing them a rulebook and telling them to get back to me when they found the rule, meanwhile we'd play baseball.

Sorry for the rant.
In leagues that use any flavor of a DH rule, coaches routinely butcher it by trying to alter the batting order when subbing for the DH.

Common myths and general ignorance of pitching regulations and balk rules is common at every level of the summer leagues I work, young teens through adult.

Finally, I really get frustrated when coaches don't know that "cash at the plate" means CASH, not a freakin' check.