View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 11, 2006, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruberted
Here we go again, always looking for suggestions or advice.

1. A kid during the inning calls timeout and crosses the foul line to go talk to his coach. Would this be considered a visit.
Which kid?

Quote:
2. When a player is hit by the ball, is it an immediate dead ball and runners go back to their bases?
Which player?

Quote:
The next week I had the same exact coach still complaining about the strike zone throwing his arms in the air on where that pitch is and what is a strike, in which I said in the beginning of the game, strike zone is big have the kids swing the bats not many walks today.
Why on earth would you begin a game discussing your strike zone? You might as well say, "Okay, have your players guess what a strike is and feel free to chirp as the spirit moves you."

Quote:
Finally, when coaches don't have the catchers ready or don't even use the speed up rule and they wait until the pitcher has thrown warm up pitches are you allowed to give a delay of game warning for the team. (This league is quite bad with no urgency to hussle, which I blame the coaches for, and the kids take one shin guard 5 minutes to put on. One of my fellow umpires issued a warning and said next time you will start with an out in your half inning. Is that correct?
So your fellow umpire makes rules up as he goes along?

Wow.