View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 03, 2002, 02:40pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
Crew, Bbarnaky, HawksCoach, et al.

I probably agree with you more than I am admitting to myself. Yes, you would have to see the contact to judge whether it needed to be called. I remember a couple of weeks ago while waiting for our games my partner and I watched half of the JV game. They called 62 fouls, 22 in the 4th quarter alone and it was a 30 point game by halftime. I kept seeing fouls called that had absolutely no bearing on the play, er advantage, sometimes the dribbler would be already by the defender ready to streak for a layup, and tweet a reach foul on the defender. I don't think the kid even felt it a couple of times. We tried to hint around to them, but one of them is not to hip on taking advice from me as I was struggling to get JV games last year being basically new in town and he was doing some varsity, now we're flip-flopped and he doesn't like it. Heard him complaining while I was showering to the other varsity ref that he had more varsity games last year. No wonder. If you guys have any advice on things to do in the off-season to help a guy go to the next level, specifically any midwest camps you prefer, please e-mail me. Thanks.
devdog,
Well, it seems like your are on your way to a new level as indicated by keeping your mind open to some of the ideas on these forums.
mick