Thread: it's over
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 04, 2006, 02:34pm
Official Forum Member

You guys will never get it. I should have stuck by my original comment that you are not worth the words. Spin it anyway you want. I did not strike, I am retired. Just know this, you were offered to scab only after the league presidents called people like me and I said "No." So now when you tell people the story about how you worked minor league baseball be sure to tell them that you were not their 1st nor their 2nd choice. My final point on this before I move on...the AMLU didn't hold anyone hostage. They stood up against something much stronger and had less resources. How can you hold them hostage? Baseball treats umpires poorly, and replacement umpires only helped them ensure that they can continue to pay umpires a poverty wage. Way to be part of something so important. Therefore, as I said earlier, you guys are losers and now, along with the managers and payers, the owners are laughing at how you bought into their hype about how much you mean to the game. Take your shots at the AMLU, they are easy targets. But that makes you no different than any other fan that does it on a nightly basis. The only difference now is that the AMLU will work with their identities known...they won't hide. Check the box scores next week...you will find a list of umpires that are proud of what they do.

As a former MiLB umpire, I don't hesitate to say for a second that I am proud of the AMLU. Not because they got what they wanted, but rather because they had the courage to try.