Thread: it's over
View Single Post
Old Tue May 30, 2006, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
How was Windy right? There was a contract dispute. They resolved the contract. The issue was never just about money. I never got the impression from those that actually are Minor League Umpires that they expected a huge raise or to get rich while umpiring. Most of what I have read here had little or nothing to do with the issues that were on the table. For the most part all of us were on the sidelines, giving our opinions and hoping for something to happen that would prove us right. As far as I am concerned, nothing was resolved and at the end of the day from what I have read and most Minor League umpires wanted to work. You can blame the leadership or try to say, "They were not as important as you think you were" BS all day long. Mostly what I heard was these guys were going to get fired and the "scabs" would get their job. That did not happen at all.

Peace
J,

Windy was correct on specific points along the way. Give the man his due; he made some correct observations - nothing more, nothing less.

My opinion of many posts & some posters ... well, they can't be printed here.