Thread: ASA Shirt
View Single Post
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CelticNHBlue
I double bagged for the first time this year, and I have to admit I like it. I was a bit hesitant, but it was highly suggested by some local umpires that I hold in the highest esteem. I only do it in college games or lower level games that have enough quality balls to make it worth it and then only if the field location may make it difficult to them back in a timely fashion. It really makes it easier to keep the flow of the game when you have multiple balls leave the field of play and you can better keep your focus on the field and not in the dugout or pressbox wondering where your next ball will come from. I use a nice rotation, always keeping one ball on my right (I am right handed) so that when I rotate the last ball, and my left bag is empty, I know it is time to reload. The added benefit, as mentioned, is having more places for your brush and line-up card holder.

As for the ASA ball bags, I just did my first ASA games of the year this past week after 70+ college and hs games this spring and I was so frusterated getting balls in and out of my bag because it is a little smaller than the plain bags I purchased from Honigs. I like the flat look (no elastic), I think it appears cleaner and more professional, but functionally, the old bags were much easier to use. JMHO.