Thread: ASA Shirt
View Single Post
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve
In the past, I have been told that it was intentionally specified "no pocket". During the Elbeco years, umpires were gigged for putting lineup card holders or pens or pencils in the shirt pocket; that isn't where NUS wants them, they believe it looks bad, and argued if you got hit by a ball there, the pens would leak all over your shirt.

The ASA ball bags have a pen holder slot sewn in, so you can keep your pen there (I use a pen, rather than a pencil; the ink is clearer, never needs sharpening, point doesn't break). One of the ball bag slots also can hold a lineup card holder, but I don't like that; at times, particularly with two balls in the bag, it becomes a struggle to get it out. What I have found is that the ASA lineup card holder fits very neatly and efficiently in my right back pants pocket, and being the only thing there, is easily removed and replaced.

And, I have never been gigged by an evaluator, either ASA or NCAA, for that system. But, Bret, not in the shirt pocket, even when you have one.
Steve,

I do the same thing. Line-up card holder in my back pocket, pen in bag when working tournament where I am carrying more than one ball.

BTW, there are two pockets and the pen/pencil slot in the bags. I have found that if you snip the stitching on one side of the slot for the pen, that creates a nice sized place for a line-up card holder.