View Single Post
Old Tue May 23, 2006, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
[QUOTE=miznj]... as soon as I made the out call and while I was in the process of making the award. Def coach thinking I was intimidated into changing my call came out in a manner that resulted in him being sent to the showers. I did extend my arm and verbal "illegal pitch" at the time of the infraction.

QUOTE]
It appears that you made the IP call and when the runner was thrown out at third, you made the out call. Since you made the out call, you knew the runner would not be out because of the award, yet you still called the runner out.

I don't know if my assumption is correct here, but in this situation, would our mechanic be the same as the DDB on obstruction where the obstructed runner is played on and out. That is, do not make the out call, call a dead ball, announce the obstruction and the award.

I believe that the confusion in the OP could have been avoided had the BU, who called the IP and called the runner out, would not have called the runner out. Thoughts?

NFHS, NCAA, NAFA
"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?" Anton Chigurh - "No Country for Old Men"