View Single Post
Old Mon May 22, 2006, 12:18am
Courageous When Prudent

2 Questions from my AAU weekend

I have 2 questions, one should have a very straight forward answer and I'm sure second will lead to a lot of different opinions.
  • 2-man. I am U1 Opening toss. Ball is tapped directly OOB behind the R. R blows whistle and asks for help which I easily give. Afterwards I was wondering if I should have blown my whistle when ball went OOB. Or to make the question more simple. Is the proper mechanic in 2-man for the U1 to have a whistle on all lines until the jump ball ends?
  • 2nd sitch (Fed rules). 2-man. Only one scoreboard working (behind White's basket). Scored tied, 6.5 seconds, Blue inbounding on its own baseline. I am Trail. Throw-in directly to post-player who immediately shoots (no dribble; just catch & shoot) and Blue makes basket and is up by 2. White grabs ball and immediately throws about a 35 foot inbound pass. While ball is in air (I am new Lead) I turn towards White's basket and notice clock is stopped at 5.0 seconds. As soon as White player catches ball the clock starts. White goes down and releases 3-pointer within last 1.0 seconds that goes in after buzzer sounds. Blue's coach is livid b/c he saw clock stop (my partner did not notice clock stoppage). We let 3-pointer stand, White wins by a point. I haven't look at rulebook yet. I did not have definite knowledge of how long clock was stopped. Even if I did have knowlege would I have any remedy for the situation? side-notes that have no bearing on situation other than the emotion of the game: quarter-final, loser goes home, 2 out-of-town teams, 5-OT (1st 3min, all other OT periods 1min)

Last edited by Raymond; Mon May 22, 2006 at 09:50am.