View Single Post
Old Wed May 17, 2006, 11:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwanr1
I definitely second that as I feel that the officials are more cautious of their calls because of Mark Cuban. That's the effect of what money can give you. That one bit of cautiousness can make a HUGE DIFFERENCE IN ONE OF THEIR MANY DECISION MAKING THROUGHOUT THE GAME.
This is a bunch of crap. I do not believe for one second the officials even give a damn. The NBA hires them, not Mark Cuban. If they screw up according to what the NBA Supervisor says, then they might get in trouble with the league (fine, suspended, fired). Then they will not get any playoff games or get kicked out the league. I am sure Cuban is not much different than other owners, he is just more public. I am also sure there has been some conversation with the NBA officials about this issue in their meetings. So you all know during the season these officials meet every single day online and go over plays that were missed or were correct. I am sure the league is "putting them on edge" much more than anything Cuban is going to say. Just a guess on my part.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Thu May 18, 2006 at 01:16am.