View Single Post
Old Tue May 16, 2006, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

Like other games in this series - the Spurs lost but coulda/shoulda won. It kills me to see them at the FT line - hire someone like the Mavs did a few years back and get their key players reliable at the line.

That aside, I think Cuban has lobbied/harrassed the league for long enough that the Mavericks, and Dirk in particular, get some pretty outlandish calls. I am not objective, but I don't recall watching the Spurs play anyone else... well, ok - the Lakers and Bryant are an exception... but o.w. the calls seem like the best you could expect. Dirk gets some crazy calls, however. I'm afraid I am developing a bit of a distaste for the Mavericks, and that's too bad; at least Duncan seemed to keep his composure last night.

Like the Rockets a few years back, the Spurs could still take control of this series - they are playing better as this thing goes along. I can still remember Tomjanovich saying "never underestimate the heart of a champion" after the Rockets had played umpteen elimination games on the way to their second title - wow.