View Single Post
Old Mon May 15, 2006, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

Elbow - with video!

Ok, in keeping with my goal to use more video this summer, this is video of an elbow called during a game I taped (HS boys, JV trying to make V next year):

http://safaripass.com/elbow.AVI

I thought this was a good call, as the offensive player pushes the defender away with his elbow [pesky defender]. I think that especially with some of the elbows in the NBA playoffs being highlighted, and lauded, that HS players will think a bit more about how to use the elbow in 'legally acceptable' ways. This player was projecting obvious bewilderment about the call, but it will give him something to think about.

If you believe attaching the video with the thread did not help in this case, please let me know. The real goal of filming this summer is to find plays that are taped from different angles [we had two cameras at this game] and find some good examples of how positioning put the official in the right position to make a call. Ideally, we can have a DVD for training purposes on which commentary is provided by a trainer. I know that learners/studiers (depth-first, as described by Back In The Saddle) like me would benefit.