View Single Post
Old Thu May 11, 2006, 01:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls
The game and actions of the official in question happened during the "off-season" when not all officials feel the same way. If the guy is just a warm body, then the assignor got what was needed out of him. If that is the case then why assign this official. It would be the assignors fault for not putting a more professional/responsible person on the floor. Officials are an extension of the assignor and if if the assignor chooses to put this type of official on the floor, the assignor should know who he employs.
Where I live, a lot of "off-season" games are assigned by people who are not assignors during the regular season. So it is not unusual for a "warm body" to be at these games. Sometimes the off-season are assigned by coaches, officials (who are not necessarily well respected), ADs or some AAU coach that hires who he knows. When you take these games, you cannot expect everyone is going to come to the game with the same level of professionalism or attitude about the game. Also these games are a cash cow for many officials and they are not concerned about all the things people here seemed to be worried about. This is why I personally would not say a word or let it upset me. I have been in enough situations during the off-season where you cannot be so uptight about what your partner does. Half the time I just want a warm body to work with so at the very least I do not have to run as much. My expectations at this time of year are just not that high.

Peace