View Single Post
Old Wed May 10, 2006, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

I didn't get a chance to speak with Ed, unfortunately. At social hour he was in a circle with the other NFL officials and I didn't want to barge in on the conversation. Every time we broke I looked for him in the hall and couldn't locate him.

I did meet with Tom Hill however. I applied to NCAA as a deep official (as per others' recommendations) so I attended the deep official meetings having never worked back there to get as much knowledge as possible. Both Tom and Steve Zimmer were excellent clinicians. They also had rookie, James Coleman with them.

You should have came, Bob. I have been told that these clinics are such a "wrip-off" by sooooo many officials. One of them, who happened to attend, said this was by far the best clinic he has ever attended in his 18 years of officiating. He has attended so many others and decided to give this a shot.

The other official I wanted to meet was Gerry McGinn who was R for the 2006 Orange Bowl and a 2006 Rose Bowl official was also there. This was truly an "all-star" clinic.