View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reccer
Coach here, My experience is that 90% of coaches think the runner is out if she stops between the bases with the ball in the circle. Experienced Blues know the rule but are calling the out if the runner goes more than say 10 feet past the base and then stops and then restarts

If you are trying to advance your batter runner to second with runner on third and ball 4 to the batter, there will be no margin for error allowed by the Blue if your runners don't carry out the play perfectly. If the batter-runner heads for 2 and then stops and then restarts, she will be rung up. One Mississippi Two Mississippi becomes abreviated to Bam! (they don't like the squirrelly (sp?) nature of the ball 4 play).

On batted balls, Blues are generally more patient with allowing the runner to round the bags and then locate the ball.

I understand the rule, but I also understand the spirit of the rule, and I agree with the way the local Blues are enforcing the LBR.
How about
- a rule is a rule is a rule
- a BR is a BR is a BR
without the inconsistency? Worse yet, personal dislikes.