Thread: Scorebook T
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 25, 2001, 04:19am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by MOFFICIAL
Thanks to all who replied to my post about the scorebook T.
At the time I thought I did the right thing but as you all pointed out the T was warranted and should have been called.
Henceforth from this day forward I will make my calls based on my knowledge of the rules and not let anything stand in the way of that.
I believe you might have another choice, which is to just quietly decide yourself not to adjudicate the T. I mean, it was definitely wrong to ask the other coach, but you could make the decision yourself, or between you and your partner. I could see some possible justifications for that. Regardless, it might be good preventive officiating to advise the coach that he always put all players in the book. Too many names is no problem, so even if they're injured why not put the name in? This will prevent this probelm from happening again. Then, if you have his team again next month and this problem comes up again, puke on his shoes. Or stare at his pants, or whatever....

Man, I don't think I'll ever get comfortable saying those things.... must be a guy thing!