View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 12:11pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
JR, that was one of the questions I was asking. In your experiences did you know immediately that you had a flagrant? I've never had one and was wondering what everyone's initial reaction was when they have called it in the past?
I have had several ejection situations over the years...one was a fight involving three players, so it was easy...but there was one several years ago where as L (3 person crew) all I saw was the defensive rebounder stagger out after what I thought was a push. I blew the whistle and put my fist up and saw that my T had a double and was closing hard towards the players. We got together and he asked me "Are you going to eject him?" My first thought was Oh sh!t" What did I miss?"...I asked, partner told me that the push was actually a rabbit punch to the kidneys, and I then signalled the ejection right then and there and then went to the table and explained everything...so no, I did not know it was an ejection immediately - that's what partners are for sometimes...

I've also had times when I (or a partner) have something that could be Intentional, and just having a partner say "You going Intentional with that?" is all it takes to help make up our minds...