View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 12:11pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Why? So he can do the same thing with other officials, who don't have the 'nads to stand up to him? This obviously isn't the first time his stupidity has shown. Ignoring it and hoping it goes away accomplishes nothing.

On the floor, we're a team. If he's working with me and making us both look badly, you can bet your butt we're going to go somehwere private and have a discussion. He'll understand that I'm not going to put up with it. He's my problem when he's on the floor with me.
Really??? And you are assuming that he gives a rat's @$$ what his partner thinks? Based on the type of behavior he is already exhibiting I'm thinking he's really not too much concerned about what his partner thinks. It may just be me but I'm thinking that the assignor chewing him out or the assignor not giving him anymore games carries a lot more punch than "joe blow" referee partner jumping in his butt.

You say
Quote:
He'll understand that I'm not going to put up with it. He's my problem when he's on the floor with me.
Now what are you going to do to enforce your stance with him? He might just tell you "thanks for your opinion but I'm fine with what I'm doing." (or maybe he'll just say "F*** off")." Now what do you do?