View Single Post
Old Tue May 09, 2006, 09:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dribble
If you look back at all my posts you'll see that I've always advocated calling the game with the intent of the rules, but when that falls in line with the book, then I defer to the book. Simple as that. Does it add to the game if you signal an intentional foul for a flagrant? Not really because those who know (i.e. other officials, evaluators, and maybe coaches and players) will wonder why you then ejected the player. I'll think you changed your call. If I'm evaluating and I you call an intentional foul, but then find out by the PA announcer that the player is tossed, then I'm going to ask you about it differently than if you simply called a flagrant foul at the table.
We need to make something clear; I do not work for you. So either way it goes what you think about this is not going to change the confusion that I am many have had over this issue.

I have never advocating doing something specific, I just said I had never experienced such a call and did not know what to do. Also the NF does not give much guidance as to what to do or how to make this call. Also when I made the call not one person had a problem with the signal, the call or the way I reported the foul. There were no coaches complaining about the signal and what it meant. NOT ONE PERSON said a word or questioned or was at all confused about what I called or why I made the call. The only person that seemed to have a problem with the sequence was me. The first thing I did was ask around and I got so many answers and opinions.

I also think one of the reasons no one had a problem, there is no acceptable sequence in writing anywhere at least with the NF and NCAA. If I took your opinion to people that I worked for, you have no credibility with them to change their opinion or to validate why the feel the way they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dribble
You're using semantics to justify your response, but as Chuck says, let's not belabor the point.
I do not know what you claim I am trying to justify. I think you are reading too much into this conversation and what it meant. Oh well, this would not be the first time.

Peace