View Single Post
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 09:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne
Why lie, even if it didn't undermine your credibility? Accept the apology in a polite manner and say nothing else.
Hey Cecil,

Well, as the teams were warming up I told the coaches "a couple more warm up minutes then bring your girls in it's almost time to get started. Then about a minute later coach 'Richard' came over to me with his hand out and said "I got a little carried away last week and I was wrong" He started to say more when I said "Hey Rich, it's almost time to play ball, last week is over, gone and forgotten...Then he said "thanks Al" while tightly squeezing my hand. I could tell he really appreciated the way I handled this somewhat difficult situation. Anyway, the game went very well but his team got swamped 21 to 2...Those Twisters are really good, and fun to watch. But I understand how the other teams feel about getting beaten badly every time they play the Twisters. They placed 3rd a couple weeks ago in an 8 team tournament series against some of the best teams in the state. One girl who was telling me about the games said an Umpire made them lose one of the games...with a terrible call! Nothin like fun at the ole' ball park! ...Later, ...Al

Last edited by Al; Tue May 09, 2006 at 06:47am.