View Single Post
Old Mon May 08, 2006, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Probably the best thing about this forum is if enough seasoned and expert people tell you that what you are doing is wrong, then it probably is wrong, no matter how long you have been doing it. I don't know where the idea that the pitch has to cross both knees came from but I've been calling that for 23 years and I now see that I am wrong. Why this has never been picked up before in the clinics I've attended or by other umpires I've worked with or in games where I've been evaluated and critiqued I don't know. The fun part now is going to be in retraining myself.

Thanks to all who kept calling this to my attention, even when I was adamant that I was right. Thank you also for not calling me or saying in the forum what you might have been thinking to yourselves about my attitude. I can be stubborn but eventually it does get through.

I hope the others who post here will listen intently to what is said and go through it thoroughly in their minds before being quick to say they are right and others are wrong. I will be doing this in the future.