View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 27, 2006, 10:42am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaCityBrian
Ya know when they tried this in the majors if I am not mistaken the MLB just fired your ***.... hmm maybe because of some of the opinions I have seen in this forum perhaps they should look into it here.
Ah Panama, but are you sure about that? There were MLB Umpires that resigned and those guys were not rehired. The AMLU umpires have not resigned from anything. They are on strike and are waiting for negotiations to resolve the issue.

Quote:
Do not get me wrong, I am all about equal pay and fair wages but..... what does striking do for you..... NOTHING..... striking has never solved anything.... you might get alittle better deal while still giving up thing you didnt want to give up.
NOTHING? Are you sure about that again? I guess you need to ask the Baseball Player's Association and many labor unions that very same question. Not sure you have a working knowledge of the history of strikes and labor disputes if you think "nothing" good comes from any strikes.

Quote:
Now I have not heard all the info but apparently the pay increase that the AMLU is vying for look to be what $100 here and $5 there that is what I have managed to gather from reading in this forum. I mean you guys actually think that by you striking you will get the big business of baseball to stop and not continue their games... that business is bigger than the umpires and everything about umpires... and that is sad cause again it is a game and ya need the umpires to run the game but I do not think they care.
All the issues on the table are not money related. Some of the issues are about safety and security of the umpires and their surroundings. I think you need to do a little more research as to what is actually being negotiated. Also you need to understand what a negotiation is. Both sides take a position and when a situation gets worse, both sides give in to something. Usually that is why both sides take a hard line and then they compromise on some issues.

Quote:
But I do feel in the articles I had read about wages I do find that they are not fair or compensatory in the least way for what job the umpires at the MiLB level do... but I do not think striking or you acting like a moron when another human takes a baseball bat to the chest and trying to find someway to justify it by saying he is a SCAB is at all mature!!! GROW UP
Thank you for the "inflammatory" language. I thought no one on your side name called?

Quote:
I understand I will be bashed for this but understand it is one man's opinions and observations.
I am not at all bashing you at all. I just think you are not educated about labor disputes and the results of them. Of course this situation is somewhat unique because it is about sports and is not the same as air traffic controllers or pilots and drivers in many industries.

Peace