Thread: Tie Breaker
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 24, 2006, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrowder
First, in my game, I'm checking with scorekeeper (not coach) to see what the uniform number is for the player that is supposed to go to 2nd base, and telling coach, "Put number 6 on 2nd base", and then watching to make sure that #6 is, in fact, on 2nd base.
Agreed, and that is what I instructed my co-workers to do in the future. But I also confirm with the opponents.

Quote:
If, however, I am not doing my duty, or coach slips one past me, the only way to treat this is as a substitution (which may be legal or illegal, depending on the status and previous actions of the player that ends up being put out there, and depending on the ruleset we are using). So, not knowing any of this in your sitch, I don't think we can answer the question.
Incorrect player on second base was a starter in the ninth position in the batting order and had never left the game.

Quote:
But whatever your ruleset, if this happens, treat it as if #6 was actually on base after a double, and coach pulled her and put in the person he put in... if legal, great, you have a substutition. If not, treat accordingly.
With this in mind, using NFHS 3-4-2-c-Pen, we should have the illegal substitue restricted and all play stands. I'm guessing that the proper player should now be place on third, since we have had a legal or illegal pitch thrown?