Thread: Tie Breaker
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 24, 2006, 09:02am
Official Forum Member

First, in my game, I'm checking with scorekeeper (not coach) to see what the uniform number is for the player that is supposed to go to 2nd base, and telling coach, "Put number 6 on 2nd base", and then watching to make sure that #6 is, in fact, on 2nd base.

If, however, I am not doing my duty, or coach slips one past me, the only way to treat this is as a substitution (which may be legal or illegal, depending on the status and previous actions of the player that ends up being put out there, and depending on the ruleset we are using). So, not knowing any of this in your sitch, I don't think we can answer the question.

But whatever your ruleset, if this happens, treat it as if #6 was actually on base after a double, and coach pulled her and put in the person he put in... if legal, great, you have a substutition. If not, treat accordingly.