View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 21, 2006, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
This is one of those rare times I understand why PWL has said some of the things he's said. I don't like it but I do understand some of it. This is an extremely passionate issue that in someway or another affects us all. That being the union -vs- non union issue that's at hand. In my opinion that's the real underlying theme here. It's not so much an amatuer -vs- professional umpire debate. Because of this, comments are bound to be cast around that serve only to inflame, rather than educate. Truthfully, I half expected to see much worse behavior here when young members of the AMLU began posting. Not because I expected them to be the ones providing the problem, but because it seems to be in our nature as officials to disagree pretty adamantly over the Net. We tend to argue like step childern with a sibling when challenged here on a rules interpretation. Throwing an intense political situation into the mix should make for some volatile discussion. All that being said, I agree with you, Mick. The mans girth, age, race, or religious affiliation should be left out of the conversation.

Tim.