Thread: Clarification
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 17, 2000, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

First Question:
I have been told two different answers to this question. A1 is leaps at a loose ball on the floor. A1 recovers the ball while on his back. A1 slides about 2 feet but does not roll over and is able to stay on his back. Does the slide constitute a travel? I have been told the player can slide across the court as long as he does not roll over. True or False?

***The play you described does not constitute a travel!

Second Question:
Also had this situation last night. A player control foul is called on A1. As we are inbounding the ball, B and A2 receive double techs from my partner. The techs were justified. The question is do we go with possesion arrow or does Team B get the ball for the palyer control foul?
***NFHS Rule= This call depends on whether the throw-in was completed before the fouls. If the throw-in was not completed, then the possession arrow is not lost by team B because a team can not lose the possession arrow by virtue of a foul (only a violation loses the arrow). However, if the throw-in was completed (thus changing the possession arrow) and then the technicals happened, Team A would get the ball.
--TGR