View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 19, 2006, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Among the five rules changes was the addition of a new signal
for a team-control foul. The mechanics for this signal will be extension
of the arm with the fist punched.
This is a good idea, which I (and I'm sure many others) suggested, at least for a signal given at the spot of the foul.

What I'm wondering is if this signal will also be given while at the table reporting similar to a PC foul, or if you should go ahead and give the push/block (or whatever appropriate) signal for the foul you had -- say for an illegal screen or a pass and crash (probably 90% or more of the TC fouls).

The only problem I see at the table, and this may be minor, is that if I punch my fist toward the table, it may not be picked up as well as it would when given on the floor in direction of the new offenses' basket. But if this is the biggest issue that comes out of rules/mechanics changes this year, we are all in great shape.

As far as the bands go, I'd prefer not to have to worry about them. I fear that certain officials took it upon themselves to enforce rules that didn't exist by prohibiting certain bands (say, on the upper arm) and the committee heard about it and wanted things to be consistently enforced. I don't know this to be true -- its just my speculation.