View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 19, 2006, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
I've been saving this one for awhile..just a warning this is as UN-PC as it gets...but is still as funny a thing as Ive seen or heard on the field:

35-over modified pitch league on a Sunday morning. This is a nice,relaxed league where everybody busts on everyone else about the latest knee surgery, hows your wife since Ive seen her last night,etc,etc....

I have the plate. One team has this black guy we will call Joe playing: nice guy, but couldn't hit Phil Rizzuto's weight....their catcher's is a guy I will call Mark..another alright guy I know from around the circuit who is also pretty decent for a player.

As we go along in the game, sure enough, Joe is 0-2 with two strikeouts on weak swings....third time up..guess what..the count is 0-2...JUST as the P is starting his motion, Mark..in the loudest voice possible...yells:

HEY JOE....ONE MORE AND YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO BE THE ONLY BLACK GUY IN THE KKK!!!!!

whereapon the following things happen almost simutaneously:

1. Joe collapses in the box,laughing his butt off

2. The pitch,of course,is right down Broadway

3. I give the BIG overhand, super showboat strike three( I couldn't resist!! )..BARELY keeping my contenence until Im done..THEN I let the momentum of my big overhand take me over to the nearby stands,where I have to take my mask and glasses off, I am laughing so friggen' hard..I mean TEARS coming out of my eyes..guys in the infield are rolling in the dirt....it took a good ten to fifteen minutes for things to calm down after that....

Last edited by ASA/NYSSOBLUE; Wed Apr 19, 2006 at 11:54am.