View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 17, 2006, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Yes, there is, Mike. This is high school ball. Using the safety base rule is by state association adoption. So far as I know, Rachel, MSHSL has not formally adopted the safety base rule, so technically, the orange base is dirt.

However, quite a number of varsity / JV fields here in the metro area include the orange base. These are school property fields, not public park fields. While they may inlcude the orange base because the fields are shared by the travel teams, since the MSHSL has not (to my knowledge) adopted the rule, it leads to this kind of call. Technically correct, but not what would be the normal expectation.
Again, the cowardly act of allowing state options. Is there no courage? For an organization which touts it's ability to manage the sports of the high schools throughout the country, they are not too good with decision making or asserting their authority.

You are correct, but Rachel didn't note whether it was adopted or not, so since she raised the question of a double-base, I took it that it was accepted.