View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 15, 2006, 01:20am
Official Forum Member

Bad Form, MiLB umpires should have more Class

It is sad to admit that you are an alum of the AMLU when you hear about and see some of the things that the guys are doing now.

I guess I understand the photo gallery thing, but they could keep it to themselves.

What I don't agree with and feel is in very poor taste is the list they have put together with phone numbers and such and the calls to people's homes at all hours and the things that have been said to young children and wives that came directly from AMLU guys. Most people have caller id and your number shows up too and you can be traced by them! OK, so the SCABS as you would call them have crossed the line, that doesn't mean that you have to; or are you just as bad as them? Are you making it OK for them to cross?

Second is the practice of walking up to the drunk folks and instructing them to yell at the umpires on the field. Be better than that and if you can't be man enough to yell yourself.

The actions of some will hurt the future for all, and will be used aginst you by the leagues. It is chicken **** and it needs to stop. If you have a problem with a guy, call him and talk to him, if you have to yell at him during a game do it wearing your jacket yourself.

I am not defending anyone that crosses, but those of you that partake in these actions are just as bad as the SCABS!

Anyone agree or disagree?

Last edited by MrB; Sat Apr 15, 2006 at 01:39am.