View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 11, 2006, 01:19am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Good Lord I get tired of seeing so many threads destroyed and ran off subject again, and again, and again, by Jeff Rutledge. And you say people get along with you??? I can't think of anyone that gets along with you on this forum. You continually make negative posts and then sign them all with "Peace."
You are probably one of these old guys that think Frank Sinatra was the man back in the day and that they do not play baseball as they used to in the pre-TV era. There are people in this world that say and use language in ways that you are not familiar with. All I will say is that when I speak to people that are either in the same generation as I am or have a similar cultural background as I do; they say "Peace" as to say "good bye" or "see you later." I know you think that the term is about hippies and free love, but it is not.

Asking a question is a "negative" thing? I did not realize that asking a question was negative? I just want to know why as umpires we are so obsessed with the use of something that many fell is a personal tool or something that makes them comfortable. Next thing you are going to tell me we should get into a serious debate over what kind of undergarments we wear prove what kind of umpire you are.

Quote:
You continually make up some question that serves no purpose, and that you really aren't expecting anyone to answer, and then you harp on it again and again and again. Until someone gives up and says, OKAY! I'll answer your question, even though the appropriateness of your question to the thread, is trivial, if not nonexistent.
How was the question inappropriate? I think you need to look up what the world "inappropriate" actually means. Maybe you need to look up what the word hyperbole means.

Quote:
Jeff, if you don't care about who uses a counter and who doesn't then don't read the thread. Somebody did care. Somebody posted. Some people replied. Why can't you just leave it at that?
Of course somebody cares about this issue. Maybe this is why we have several topics dedicated to this topic alone. I am not asking this question for you or me. I am asking this question for every newer umpire or not as accomplished umpire that feels they need to do something that is essentually a personal issue and a personal tool.

Quote:
It was important to Nick. And I felt it was important that I encourage him.
Now my question was important to me, so what is the difference?

Quote:
Do you ever think about how much of your life you have wasted inciting these childish little tirades in which you continually seem so embroiled? I know I think about it for myself every time I open a thread and it's got your name in it. Well here's another thread with a half page of content and 3 pages of impertinent, improper English and frustrated bickering.
We obviously do not look at life the same way so if you feel I have wasted time then I guess I have wasted time. Actually I do not know if I would say anything that you would agree with, so what is the point?

Quote:
To all you others, PLEASE DON'T FEED THE BEARS.

Good night.
You obviously need to get some sleep.

Peace