View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 02:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Come on, Jeff. You say repeatedly that you could care less what others think, yet you chime in as if your opinion is the only one on the board. How many times do we need to discuss the fact that if you don't like what's being discussed in a thread it's much simpler to pass it by rather than making a rude comment. The only purpose your initial post in this thread could have possibly served was to disrupt it. I know I for one was interested in what Nick had to say about going without an indicator. I've thought about it myself, but may have needed a little nudge. That's what this forum should be about, discussing ideas that may be foreign to some.

Tim.
Tim,

Are you going to answer my question Tim? What is so important about who uses or does not use an indicator? Asking a question does not make me rude or out of line. I asked a question because this board seems to be obsessed over what someone uses that may or may not help them work a baseball game. Then when people show objections to the use of an indicator, then next thing they do is refer to LL Umpires and what we see on TV during the LL World Series. If you really want to discuss these issues as you claim you do, you should answer my very legitimate question as to why this seems to be a major issue on the internet (funny I never see a big discussion of this with umpires I come in contact with on a daily basis). I work with guys that work some D1 and they use indicators behind the plate and in some cases on the bases. So if this helps them do their job, why would it not help those that are working HS and below?

Also Tim I think you need to read more of discussions on the internet. Right now there is a discussion on the basketball board about whether to wear the gray shirts as opposed to the striped shirts. There are people raising similar questions on both sides of the issue as I am here (What is the big deal?). This is what happens on discussion boards. People make a post and someone finds an angle and comments on it. I realize that you post in a lot of places and you probably have a hard time keeping up, but that is what goes on here. My question was not at all about anger or being upset, I was asking why this is an issue that gets debated all the time here.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Apr 10, 2006 at 02:11pm.