View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 07, 2006, 03:44pm
Official Forum Member

Don't get me wrong you have to be able to referee with a crap to get hired, but I think throughout camp you are off the floor in front of the evaluators more than you are on it in front of the evaluators. I always tell my boys "come clean", meaning look better than presentable. At the entry level SEC camp I went to we were in the Military. We had shorts that came half way up our thighs and it had the SEC logo on it. They gave us two SEC logoed T-shirts and we had to wear this everywhere we went with the shirt tucked in. At the other camps I would wear athletic wear with it tucked in. For example I might wear khaki shorts with some kind of nice nike T-shirt or polo. I might wear my nike shorts with a nike T or polo.

All in all just look better than presentable and have a great meet and greet personality. I always say evaluators are like coaches looking for that one bench player, the one that doesn't hurt you when you play him, doesn't hurt you in the locker room, or hurt and badly reflect what kind of team character he or she is trying to build and obtain.