View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 02:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
If you want an honest opinion, here it is. I've removed the majority of your first post because had you ejected in the second inning most likely none of the other stuff would have happened.

This is how I would have handled it. As soon as the bench erupted I would have issued a bench warning just like you did. When the first assistant coach became even a little bit confrontational I would have cut him off immediately. As soon as the second assistant coach said anything other than "good job" to me I would have dumped him. At the JUCO level all coaches know what the proper decorum is for discussing calls with the umpires. They chose to breech that protocol and should have been dumped almost immediately. The first one, yea, maybe you did the right thing by keeping him in the game. But, the second one? No way.

Tim.
You are probably right, but the second he popped off I fired right back and he shut up so I turned around and went on with life. My partner and I talked about that exact same thing after the game over a burger and a pop and we decided that I could have gone either way with it. If I would have dumped him, then you are right, things probably would have been smooth sailing, but you never know with some of these guys.