View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
More irony. Someone who has never had an ejection giving advice on ejections.

Durham:

You'll find excellent advice on this site. Where you'll run into trouble is when you begin to argue repeatedly against that advice. It's like I tell my sons. If you didn't want an answer to the question then why did you ask it. I can tell you that from my experience on the board and through private correspondence with some of the boards more prominent members there have been many, many umpires who've come here to validate themselves even though they were wrong. They ask a question and if they don't get the answer they want they beat it to death until they either get their way or everyone stops responding to them at all. I'm not saying you should be thrown into that category, but you will find the boards members leery of newcomers who begin to argue in their first few threads.

Tim.
I am not arguing, I am saying show me a better way and tell me why it is better. And if I respond with my reasoning, explain to me how it is faulty. I am sure there are knowledgeable people here that do share, but I am not seeing much of that. I have been wrong before and will be again, but I don't learn from being told that I am wrong without someone showing me how or why. I don't think anyone's kids will learn from no, don't do it that way, unless you show them how to do it.

If the board's members are leery of debate, then what makes them more comfortable?