View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2006, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Interesting, you all give a DDB as PU when you see OBS that is typically the BU call? I have not heard of that mechanic. Not saying I dont agree with it in this case, and that having the OBS called should happen. Issue I have is if no runners are on, (dont think OP mentioned TOP conditions) then the BU has the B-R to third wouldnt' OBS be there call? Reason I say that is OBS has a lot of judgement in it, true contact is close to a given to get the call but there are a lot of cases where I might view it as OBS from the plate especially if I am just looking back after verifying fair, ball no catch in left field and see somethign that looked like OBS only seeing part of it, but BU saw it and it was a stupid runner move not caused by F3 at all, the play at 2nd comes in and I kill it on what I think was OBS, BU was on top of it and it wasn't now that will make for a nice post game conference.

Not trying to start an arguement, I believe it is about getting it right #1 above all else but seems like this mechanic could hurt sometimes.