View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2006, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Durham is just asking for advice on how different umpires handle a situation. If I was told something that I might not fully understand the reasoning, I would ask questions. Not so much to question your responses but to understand why you would do something. If I have a different way of handling situations and think its a good way to handle it then I will defend my reasoning. Everybody is different umpire. If umpires come on here to try to learn I would want as much information as possible. If guys want to write where the umpiring career has taken them that is more information to render which way will be the best to handle the situation. For example if one guy says just ignore them and he's experience is little league. While the other guy says issue as many warnings as possible then eject and has pro ball experience. Who has the most experience and has the most up to date training for these types of situations. As an umpire I would want to have options for handling situations. Just look at how many ways everybody handles just this situation. I think that is what these forums or all about. Teaching guys new things or adding to your "toolbox". Not to bash each other. Keep posting it's great to see everybody sharing info.