View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 28, 2006, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

My question is this? Are guys letting assistant coaches argue with them?

IMO, the posters did answer your question, yet you felt the need to Defend your actions. If that's the case then why post to begin with.

In reading the responses, IMO the posters had no problem with your "warnings" if you were talking to the HEAD Coach. The problem which I agree with is why engage with assistant coaches.

Whether you umpire "kiddie ball" all the way up to the PROS, the assistant coaches are not afforded the same "luxory" so to speak as the head coach.

Personally I do not even pay attention to an assistant coach. I do not give them the "time of day" as that is not Their role in the game of baseball otherwise they would be head coaches.

If D1 College officials treat assistants as TEE mentioned "they do not exist", then it stands to reason Juco would follow the same rule.

If you do want to aspire to the D1 level, and a D1 official was watching this particular game, chances are his first question to you would be:

Why are you engaging with an assistant coach which IMO was the main theme of your thread.

Pete Booth