View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 26, 2006, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Now you are trying to justify what is the history? No one said that being called fat would not hurt, but it does not carry the same history. I know you think because you read some book and they told you white people were enslaved that must mean something. Well let me put it to you this way. My last name I cannot trace directly back the country or the ancestors that came before me. That applies to every single African-American I can think of (why do you think we use the term African-American in the first place?). Not knowing your family religion, tribe or customs are quite different from my standpoint compared to others that know who came over on the boat to this country and why they came over on the boat. In many cases we were here a lot longer than those that are white, but we have to prove we are Americans more than those that in the last century just got here.

Secondly no one was twisting anything. You made it sound like the guy was supposed to be a problem and decided not to be a problem. Those were your words, not mine. I used to belong to a pretty much all-Black association and we had white people in the organization. I would not refer to those members has "not causing problems" in any way. Either way it goes your statements showed a lot if you ask me. I do not get offended easily or care what people like you think. You just keep prove to all of us what we have to overcome.

Have a nice day.

Peace
You really have a lot of hatred, resentment. My apologies if you read more into what I was saying than what I was really saying. I just want all of us to live together. What I was saying, "I was more worried about white folks in our association having the problem, not the other guy." Not that it sound, more than you want it to sound offensive.

Please accept my apologies if I offended you. I certainly don't want to make anyone have to overcome anything that I say or do in life. I don't see black as African Americans, I really don't. I look at the black man as I do myself, as an American, nothing more or less.

I have read many of your post since I have been on these boards, I respect what you have posted. This does not change anything, a mutual respect. Thanks