View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 25, 2006, 02:02am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
Oh, don't get me wrong. I know all about the "hey, they work multiple conferences thing." I wasn't, however, sure if say the "sec" got to officiate a certain final or if "hey, you three have been selected to work..." You get what I'm saying?

I know for sure one of the guys in that crew works in the Big 12. I've seen him do numerous Texas Longhorn games.
As I stated before each official is assigned individually. I believe you have to have worked a Conference Championship game or become recommended by a conference. So each conference gets to recommend 3 officials to the NCAA. Those are the officials that work the NCAA Tournament and they try to keep officials away from conferences they normally work. So if you are recommended by the Big Ten, the NCAA will keep you away from the Big Ten conference as much as possible. Each official gets advanced not much different than the teams playing. Out of 6 officials in each little bracket, 3 will advance to the next level. If they do not do a good job (according to the NCAA) they will not advance. I think you can work a Final Four and not work a Regional Final btw. So the guy you said you have seen a Texas games is not working any schools with Big 12 teams in them.

Peace