View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 21, 2006, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee

1) Yeah, that rebounding play could involve shoulder to torso contact on a player without LGP. The rule doesn't specify the front of the torso or the back of the torso.The "trip over the player on the floor" play though is still completely irrelevent to the discussion.
Agreed. I only cited the lying on the floor play to support that a player is entitled to a spot on the floor whether or not he has LGP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
2) The college ruling re: a player on the floor is different than the FED's, but, again, that ain't relevant to the discussion we're having. I'm still waiting for an to NCAA cite that states that shoulder-to-torso contact should be called differently than in the NFHS. Afaik, shoulder to torso contact is pretty much called the same way in all rulesets, with regards to LGP.
Again I agree with ya.
I only know of one NCAAW rule which makes a difference here. That is the one about not being able to take a charge while standing under the basket unless the drive comes parallel with the end line. This could be viewed as not having LGP though.