View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 20, 2006, 10:46am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebayref

JRut, your points are well made. But it's hard for me to buy into the notion that not one of the three saw the windup and heave of the chair. I also think that by not penalizing this type of behavior is opening up the door for the same behavior at the other end. You know how coaches think! He's gonna want that same type of pass at the most inopportune time and you're left with no other choice than to look the other way since you didn't "close the door" initially at the one end. What's it gonna be next? Slamming of the clipboard, kicking the scorer's table, shotputting a water bottle all in the name of "frustration" at one's own players? Unsporting behavior doesn't just happen between the lines as we all have experienced during our careers.

I do not know about you but I do not spend my time watching coaches all day. My concentration is on the court with the players. So I can easily see how someone would not see this or necessarily hear it depending on how loud the gym was at this time. What I also do not know is where the ball was as compared to the bench and what else was going on during the game? If you think about it, you can easily understand why this did not get T'd. I know I have heard things behind me and did not know what happen. I am not sticking a coach for what I think happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ebayref
I just happen to think that Roy's behavior with the chair exceeded tolerable limits and should have been addressed in one form or another. Casting a blind eye to that situation today was setting a dangerous precedent and wasn't deserving of a pass whether it be intentional or not......
Maybe it should have been addressed. I also think these guys are human and unless you have worked in that kind of situation you cannot compare it to your HS basketball experience. This is a tournament where there are thousands of people in the stands and on a college court and you are not right next to every coach.

Also I do not care what the other coach thinks. It is about doing something that gets you caught. We do not see everything. What a coach might think is the last thing on my mind after what I am going to eat after the game.

Peace