View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 20, 2006, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

JRut, your points are well made. But it's hard for me to buy into the notion that not one of the three saw the windup and heave of the chair. I also think that by not penalizing this type of behavior is opening up the door for the same behavior at the other end. You know how coaches think! He's gonna want that same type of pass at the most inopportune time and you're left with no other choice than to look the other way since you didn't "close the door" initially at the one end. What's it gonna be next? Slamming of the clipboard, kicking the scorer's table, shotputting a water bottle all in the name of "frustration" at one's own players? Unsporting behavior doesn't just happen between the lines as we all have experienced during our careers. I just happen to think that Roy's behavior with the chair exceeded tolerable limits and should have been addressed in one form or another. Casting a blind eye to that situation today was setting a dangerous precedent and wasn't deserving of a pass whether it be intentional or not......